Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! (Pumpkin Ale Tasting)

Pumpkin Ale
It's been two weeks and it's Thanksgiving. This will be a good time to share the pumpkin ale that was bottled two weeks ago. I wont be able to make it home for the holiday, but a friend and his family graciously invited me to spend the day with them. In return, I'm going to take a few over for them to try.

Before sharing, I snuck a bottle to sample. I can't be more than happy. During the pour, I found the color was on the darker side of amber and the carbonation was great. The flavor was good. Upon tasting, you get those hints of spice from the cinnamon and nutmeg. The overall body is fruitful from both the hops and the pumpkin. The pumpkin ends up a little hard to pinpoint however.It's not overly bitter, but you can taste the hops. I also took a hydrometer reading and its right at 5% alcohol. I shared a bottle with a friend at work and I received a praise. In the end, I'm happy with the outcome. I have a couple plans for a Christmas beer. More details coming soon. Until then, have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the brew.

Sláinte!

No comments: